Monday, August 16, 2010

Long, hot day, or was it just me?

I am sitting here fighting the urge to go to bed before 9:00pm but at the same time I'm completely exhausted after my first day back at work.  I didn't even have kids yet but all these meetings and sitting in a hot building really took a toll on me today.  I didn't even get out of there until 6:30!  It was crazy, and I'm still not ready for our open house on Thursday.  Ugh!  I was waddling around, tired, fanning myself constantly, unable to sit still for too long in one position, needing water, and seriously irritated at myself for choosing such a hot outfit all day and no lie, I got more compliments than I even have!  Everyone kept telling me how great I looked and that I'm "just glowing!".  Really?  I mean I was sweating profusely so I'm sure I did "glow" but I felt disgusting!  I know I'm my own worst critic so I'm trying to just accept the nice words and move on.  I've got another long day tomorrow and I have to travel twice as far and leave early again so I might stop fighting the urge and hit they hay after all....

No comments:

Post a Comment