Thursday, September 23, 2010

What's in a Name?

Since we have "officially" settled on a name we have gotten such a lackluster response!  We first thought the name Ella Grace and everyone LOVED it!  People would gush about what a beautiful, gorgeous name that was and how we should certainly not change it.  Well, we changed it.  We decided that Gabriella Grace was the name we would go with.  Now, when everyone asks what name we are thinking of and I tell them I get the reaction of raised eyebrows, pursed lips, a head nob, and a high pitched "hhmmm".  I can still call her Ella, or Gabby, or Bree or *struggles to type* Gigi (that's all Drew there).  But you get the picture, we'd have options and her name would sound super sophisticated.  Unless she marries someone named Smith or Jones or something.  And I know it only matters what we think of it but still, can a girl get a little enthusiasm please?

Moving on , today was an okay day.  I definitely did a "pregnant" thing.  When taking the kids to lunch I saw they were having nachos.  Well what's the harm in one quick look just too see how gross it looks, right.  Wrong.  It looked freakin' amazing!  I struggled with the idea of getting a school lunch for a whole...oh...15 seconds then decided I needed to get it.  Now I know what you are thinking.  I bet she got that big plate of school cafeteria food and hated it.  You'd be a loser if you took that bet.  I loved every bite of that "food" from the salty mexican rice, to the indescribable refried beans (seriously I really can't describe it) and the salty chips and canned nachos cheese.  It was delicious.  So, moral of the story, no more peeking at the cafeteria lunch food!

3 comments:

  1. I love the name Gabriella Grace! I agree with all the things you said about it. I also think it is good to have options when it comes to nicknames. For instance when I was born my parents named me Nicole but my Dad thought it was to "big" a name for such a little girl. So, I became Nicki. I can still use Nicole (and often do) in more formal or professional situations but I have a nickname that feels more "me." I think y'all have made a great choice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Gabriella Grace is a beautiful name! Who cares what other people think. Unfortunately there are always people that aren't going to like the name you pick. I'm sure there are plenty of people that don't like the name Autumn, but oh well. The nicknames are all great too. So many options. Maybe not Gigi though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Gabriella (especially with Grace)! I also think that it balances out well with your last name since it's longer. But yeah, not too sure about Gigi. :)

    ReplyDelete